Skype™ Therapy is internationally recognised as an important therapeutic service for the 21st Century.
It particularly suits people with busy or chaotic lifestyles, where being tied to a weekly appointment is inconvenient or impossible.
here Travel Friendly
With Skype™ Therapy there are no buses or trains to catch, no parking spaces to find or pay for and generally less time lost to travel and waiting. As sessions can often be scheduled between work commitments, Skype™ Therapy is more flexible than face-to-face sessions.
If necessary, therapists using Skype™ are sometimes able to squeeze in an extra Skype™ Therapy session between other clients, although it is important to remember that Skype™ Therapy is not an “on demand” service.
Skype™ Therapy means you can access the type of therapy you want, regardless of where you live. You also have access to a global pool of therapists. On the other hand, if you or your regular therapist are on vacation or temporarily or permanently relocate, you can continue your work together. Some of my clients use Skype™ therapy while I am away but meet me face-to-face when I’m in the States. Others prefer to stick to Skype™ therapy only. Yet others prefer the powerful approach of intensive therapy sessions.
Fast, Free and User Friendly
The time is now right for Skype™ Therapy, for a number of reasons:
- Skype™ is easy to set up and free – even for a computer novice. One of my patients is in her 80s, so age is no barrier to using Skype™
- All you need is a broadband connection and either a PC, laptop, netbook, tablet, iPhone, smartphone or other internet-ready device
- Broadband technology has developed enough to ensure a reliable, real-time connection
- Skype™ is a free service. You only pay for the therapy itself (providing you use the ‘acclinics’ Skype™ number)
- Skype™ Therapy is available via a downloadable app on your Android or Apple device
More Client Control
Skype™ Therapy enables clients to maintain more physical and psychological control during a therapy session:
- While a video link is preferable, due to the important information gathered by eye contact and body language, the client can instantly turn off the visual contact at will
- Anxious and paranoid feelings are less likely with no intimidating waiting rooms
- Clients often feel more comfortable in their own environment, helping them to relax and speak more openly
- With a non-local therapist, clients need not fear bumping into them in public
Mix and match
Depending on the nature of your work, Skype™ Therapy can be the primary means by which you engage in therapy or a ‘stop-gap’ for times when face-to-face sessions are not possible.